We think like entrepreneurs
From the back-of-the-envelope to exit, we provide strategic advice for each stage of growth. For a promising idea to grow into a successful company, entrepreneurs need insightful, business-minded counsel that can keep up with the pace of innovation. Collaborating side-by-side, we know our clients’ businesses. Our lawyers provide tailored, cutting-edge solutions to emerging growth challenges, working with our clients as their needs change over time.
Who We’re Advising
We advise startups, high-growth companies, investors and financial institutions that are transforming the way customers interact with financial services, including:
- Neobanks and Digital Banking Platforms
- Alternative Lending Platforms
- Big Data Analytics Providers
- PropTech Companies
- Financial Wellness Companies
- Personal Finance Platforms
- Blockchain-based Solutions
- Digital Asset Service Providers and Investment Companies
- Remittance Solutions
- Payments Companies
- AI-based Financial Services Products
- Digital Identity and Cybersecurity Companies
- Non-FinTech and Growth-stage Companies Leveraging Financial Services
How We’re Advising
With our expertise across the full array of financial services, we can be there to advise from inception to exit, and every step in between. We advise startups on the following areas:
- Company Formation
- Equity or Debt Capital Raising
- IP Protection
- Executive Compensation and Equity Structures
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Corporate Governance
- International Expansion
- Mergers and/or Acquisitions
- Mentorship Program
- IPOs and Capital Markets
- Litigation and Antitrust
For a more comprehensive view of our experience, please contact
a member of the FinTech Foundry team.
- Advised a global investment company in connection with its more than $500 million equity financing round in a late-stage personal finance company.
- Advised a high-growth InsurTech company on its $250 million Series C financing round.
- Advised a RegTech company on its $10.5 million Series A financing round.
- Advising a cross-border digital payments company on New York state licensing and regulatory issues.
- Advising a payments company on regulatory matters associated with offering bitcoin wallet services to customers.
- Providing regulatory advice to a global financial institution in connection with possible “big data” initiative.
- Advised a cloud-based human resources software company in creating a data incident response protocol and GDPR compliance program.
- Representing a trade execution platform by analyzing the impact of US tax reform on the company’s businesses and corporate structure, as well as advising on employee compensation and benefits structure.
|Capital Markets & M&A
- Advised Brazil's leading provider of financial technology solutions on its approximate $1.75 billion IPO on the NYSE.
- Advised a Chinese peer-to-peer lending platform on its Nasdaq IPO.
- Represented a global payments infrastructure company in its acquisition of a digital payments platform.
Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Advising a global financial infrastructure provider in establishing and financing new venture that will offer a federally regulated market for Bitcoin.
- Advised a leading cryptocurrency investment firm on transacting in cryptocurrency-related derivatives and prepared trading documentation that we are currently negotiating with its counterparties.
- Advising a financial investment brokerage on preparation of trading documentation for cryptocurrency-related derivatives, particularly with respect to important concepts and asset characteristics that should be considered when negotiating trades in respect of cryptocurrencies.